Ross Valley Fire News
Flash Flood Warning Issued for Ross Valley and Central Marin!
National Weather Service
San Francisco CA 227 PM PST TUE JAN 10 2017
The National Weather Service in The San Francisco Bay Area has issued Flash Flood Warning for East central Marin County in northern California Until 830 PM PST Tuesday.
Flash Flood Warning
* At 225 PM PST, Doppler radar and automated rain gauges indicated heavy rain falling across the Corte Madera Creek watershed. Automated stream gages in the watershed show rapidly rising water levels that have surpassed Monitor Stage and are quickly approaching Flood Stage.
Flash flooding is expected to begin shortly.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include San Anselmo, Larkspur, Corte Madera, Fairfax, Kentfield and Ross.
- Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
- Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the dangers of flooding.
- A Flash Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring.
- If you are in the warned area move to higher ground immediately. Residents living along streams and creeks should take immediate precautions to protect life and property.